The ongoing battle of the bulge, while once considered primarily a matter of vanity, may actually be one of the best ways to reduce your risk of dying from a multitude of causes, but especially heart attack.
Sandi Cornez's insight:
The ongoing issues with fat are not just vanity related as research is showing that by taking action to burn belly fat could indeed extend your life.
Here are 6 evidence based ways to burn fat and extend your life:
1. Consumption of coconut oil before meals. Two studies show that dietary coconut is safe and effective in reducing midsection fat in both men and women. The article has the link to the study.
2. Green Tea – "The Medicine which grew into a beverage." There are at least 200 plus health conditions that benefit from green tea. A 2009 study published in the journal Obesity showed that in moderately overweight subjects, there was a 2" plus reduction in waist circumference.
3. Sunlight – a deficiency in Vitamin D is associated with greater visceral fat, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Research also shows that Vitamin D defiiency is associated with obesity. Exposure to UVB radiation, most abundant on either side of solar noon and responsible for producing Vitamin D, may be a key strategy in burning midsection fat, the natural way.
4. Soy protein – read the article for all the facts and links.
5. Dietary challenges – 3 are identified as Fructose, Bisphenol-A, and MSG. And yo-yo dieting is also associated with body weight excess and abdominal fat accumulation.
6. Exercise – move it and you lose it.