Bee pollen is a holistic remedy used throughout the world. Unfortunately the vast amount of things pollen can be used for are often overlooked.
Sandi Cornez's insight:
Have you considered eating bee pollen, one of nature's most complete nourishing foods? Made by honeybees, it contains almost all the nutrients required by humans. Bee gathered pollens are rich in proteins (40%), free amino acids, vitamins including B-complex and folic acid.
It's important to note that a one teaspoon dose of bee pollen takes one bee working eight hours a day for one month to gather.
Dr Gabriel Cousens, M.D. has listed bee pollen has one of his 22 most recommended food energies. Bee pollen can be used medicinally for a wide range of health issues from prostrate to skin conditions and can help correct specific nutritional imbalances in the body.
Here are 10 amazing reasons to add bee pollen to your daily food regimen – your "live-it".
- Energy Enhancer
- Skin Soother
- Respiratory System – high quanitity of antioxidants.
- Treating Allergies – reduces the presence of histamine.
- Digestive System – contains enzymes that help body to get all of its nutrients
- Immune System Booster – Dr Mercola, holistic health Doctor says that bee pollen has anti-biotic type properties that can help the body from contracting viruses. Also rich in antioxidants that protect cells from damaging free radicals.
- Treats Addictions and cravings.by supressing impulses. Helps with weight management.
- Supports Cardiovascular System – contains large amount of Rutin, an antioxidant bioflavonoid that helps strengthen capillaries, blood vessels, assists with circulatory problems, and corrects cholesterol levels. Has potent anti-clotting powers.
- Prostate Aid – helps to reduce inflammation to stop frequent urges to urinate.
- Infertility Problems – stimulates and restores ovarian funcitons and is a great aphrodisiac.
For best results take bee pollen wth fruit at mealtimes as it gently performs a little cleansing of the intestinal flora.
Bee keepers are able to remove pollen from hives without disturbing or harming the bees during their regular routine.